Thursday, April 26, 2012

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip cookies [dairy and grain free]

I don't know about you, but when I think of cookies, eggs, butter, and flour come to mind. However, lactose intolerance and butter are like oil and water. They just don't jive together well. Of course, one can always use a butter substitute like shortening or earth balance, but I'm not a fan. It just doesn't taste the same and the texture isn't right either. So, I've been avoiding the cookie. All cookies. My will power is good in the cookie department. Not so much in the cupcake department.

Anyways, I came across a dairy free AND grain free cookie recipe recently. I've had it pinned for quite sometime. (You can just call me lazy. No, really, it's OK.) Let me tell you, this has to be the easiest cookie recipe under the sun. There are 5 ingredients, a bowl, and a spoon. That's it.
 
Instagram: @hungc

Hop on over to The Detoxinista for the recipe. Let me know how you like it. Better yet, tell Megan, it's her recipe.

My recipe edits:
• I used agave syrup
• Omit salt when using salted peanut butter. (Whoops!)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Celia! I found out that the vegan, gluten free cupcakes at the Makerie is a cake mix by a local Boulder company. Thought I'd share :*) here is a link to their site: http://lillabeebaking.com/ I'm making them for my son's birthday this weekend and I'm not telling anyone till after they try one ;)
    Hope you are good!
    ~Becca

    ReplyDelete