Monday, September 12, 2011

Christine and Stan's Wedding

Christine (Chris) contacted me about 2 weeks before her wedding to see if I was available to make cupcakes to be displayed at her reception. I was more than estatic. I was down right blown away and honored.

Chris and and her fiance (now husband), Stan, had a pretty clear idea of what they wanted. They wanted enough cupcakes to fill the cupcake stand they had already purchased. They wanted to keep things simple. I couldn't agree more since their tower already had so much going on with it. And when it came to flavor, they already had it picked out. Could I have easier clients for my first time or what?

If you haven't figure me out yet, I am the type to go all in. Since I was going to making a delivery AND doing setup work, I wanted to look professional. I didn't want to just look like my bum-y self. I purchased a basic chef's coat and ran over to a mall kiosk to have it embroidered in time for the event.

Rockin' my chef's coat.

Chris and Stan wanted lemon cupcakes, the same one's I had made for N^2's bridal shower. Vanilla-lemon zest cupcake base with lemon zest buttercream frosting. I ordered solid purple cupcake wrappers from The Baker's Confections via Etsy. (This is the same vendor that supplied me with the lime green polka dot liners from N^2's shower.)

I felt that the cupcakes needed a touch of pizzaz. After wracking my brains, I decided to give Wilton's new sugar sheets a try. The purple sugar twists were the perfect touch! Simple, elegant, and just enough for the "wow" factor.



Cupcake tower supplied by client.

Purple twist is made of sugar and completely edible.

Double happiness cake topper (supplied by client).

Congratualtions newly weds! Wishing you a lifetime of love and laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment