Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Heritage Bundt Cake

A friend sent me a recipe for a Guinness stout bundt. The original recipe is from Smitten Kitchen, a food blog I follow regularly. I was imagining a chocolate stout cake kissed with Bailey's drizzle. It would have been perfect for St. Patty's day, right? Well, unfortunately for me, I was hit by some nasty virus that was going around. I couldn't get out of bed for a full 24 hours! The next day was better, I was able to move from the bed to the couch.

Anyways, the thing I fail to mention is that I don't own a bundt pan. That's just a tiny detail that kept me from making the cake in the first place. I finally bit the bullet and went and got one. Not just any pan, I was able to score myself the heritage bundt pan from Williams-Sonoma! According to their website, it's only available online, but I found it (it was the only one) in a store. It was meant to be. I swooped it up and promptly took it home.

I'll save the chocolate stout for another day. I decided to use the heritage bundt cake recipe that was included with the pan. Of course, I kicked things up a notch by adding the zest of a very large lemon.


How freaken cool looking is that cake? Thank you awesome pan!

No comments:

Post a Comment