Thursday, January 27, 2011

A taste of Christmas: gingerbread and eggnog

I think the only thing missing from the title is candy canes. No candy canes were used in this next baking expedition. Also no gingerbread men were hurt (devoured).
My friend Sara was planning a celebratory night to ring in her birthday this year, unfortunately, I couldn't make it to the festivities. But I did the next best thing, I worked in cahoots with her husband to surprised her with a cake at the restaurant! Awhile back I had put at an A.P.B. on Facebook asking followers what cupcake flavor I should do for an upcoming bake sale. Sara suggested gingerbread.

What she got was a gingerbread cake frosted with eggnog frosting. The frosting recipe said it was gingerbread, but it tasted like eggnog. No complaints from anyone that tasted it. It was a HUGE hit. The best part, it was made out from pudding. I kid you not, pudding mix, cream cheese, and whipped cream.

Happy Birthday Sara!

close-up shot of bunting made from paper, bakers twine, and chopsticks.

I also made a TON of mini cupcakes for Jake's Mom's holiday party. 

Mini gingerbread cupcakes. Square shape comes from using bite-sized square brownie tray.


No comments:

Post a Comment