Thursday, January 27, 2011

Guinness Stout Cupcakes

Many moons ago, a friend asked when I was going to do some adult inspired baking, aka one full of booze. Here it is! Guiness stout cupcakes with Bailey's Irish Cream frosting. The recipe isn't original, it was sent to me via another friend and can be found at The Mess Pot.

Personal photo

Since it was Christmas, I tried to dress them up a bit with chocolate in the shape of penguins.

No shocker here, I didn't follow the recipe to a "t". I 86'd the whiskey ganache, mostly because I was just plain lazy, and I futz with the frosting. I doubled the butter and used 2-3 cups of powdered sugar. I don't know what I was thinking because everyone knows that I hate American buttercream. Cupcake was very most and tasty. Frosting was suprising fluffy, but it was still too sweet for my tastebuds. Next time I'll try frosting it with Bailey's whipped cream instead.

One learning from yet another friend who actually tested out the recipe prior, that I completely forgot about is to add a touch of esspresso to kick up the chocolate flavor.  

No comments:

Post a Comment