Wednesday, October 13, 2010

B-A-N-A-N-A-S

While perusing Bakerella's blog on my DROID in LAX, I came across her recipe for banana pudding. Instantly, it brought back memories from my childhood of when my mom used to make banana cream pie from scratch. Mmmmm, drool. I can almost taste it!

The recipe is easy and pretty fail proof. I did modify the recipe just a touch though. I had a large box of pudding mix and was too cheap to go get a small box. So I improvised and added more liquid in the form of skim milk. My pudding also didn't set in 5 minutes like the recipe says. Next time I make this, either I'll halve the amount of Coolwhip or use real whipped cream. 16 oz of Coolwhip is a lot. It tasted just fine, a lot lighter than people would have initially thought.

Also, the longer you leave it in the fridge, the more banana-y it'll taste. The pudding set better over night, less goopy, more structure.

Banana pudding trifle - personal photo


1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to try this one out! The kids will love it!

    ReplyDelete