Thursday, August 19, 2010

"C" is for cookie


I have a monster hankering for cookies lately, but I've either been too lazy or too busy to make them. Oh and not to mention, it's been god awful hot. I also have an aversion to making them from scratch.

In high school, they would sell fresh baked Otis Spunkmeyer cookies during morning break. For $1, you'd get 3 hot, ooey, gooey chocolate chip cookies. They were the best ever. Sadly, I graduated and went off to college where the cookies were sub-par. I started trying to perfect the tollhouse cookie recipe (it was always too flat for my liking). I had it, but of course I didn't write it down. Then, mom my discovered Otis Spunkmeyer's at Costco. *Chorus singing* $10 got you a box of frozen cookie pucks. You popped them in the oven and 15 minutes later you'd have fresh baked cookies. *drool* Now, I'm on the East coast and Costco out here does not carry them! ARRRRGGGGG!!!!!

I came across an article that discusses the 36 hour cookie recipe. Basically it's the tollhouse recipe, but the trick is the keep the dough refrigerated for 36 hours before baking. I'll report back once I find some time to try out the recipe. The next couple of weekend are ridiculous. We've got 4 weddings and a wedding rehearsal to attend over a span of 6 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment