Thursday, July 8, 2010

Bridal Shower

This was my first major event and second largest if you count Jake's 30th where I baked 8 dozen cupcakes and a 6" mini cake.

I thought the shower was going to be your typical bridal shower. You know, the type where approximately 20-30 people (mostly women) show up. Well, it was a bit more than that. It was a Jack and Jill bridal shower with 100+ people, including children, rsvp'ing! Between the two of us, (myself and fellow bridesmaid E) we made 12 dozen cupcakes for the event. At the end of shower we still had 5 dozen left! We were trying to give them away by the dozen.

Top row, left to right: Step 1 - hand pipe N^2 backwards on wax paper. Step 2 - tranfer N^2 to bite sized brownie tray (silicone). Step 3 - fill with melted candy. Second row, left to right: Finished candy monograms. Lime green polka dot cupcake liners, the bride's favorite color! My fridge packed full of cupcakes (you'll note the beer stayed nice and cold). Third row: Finished cupcake complete with candy monogram garnish. Green tea cupcakes frosted with buttercream and  garnished with white chocolate melted into fun wedding shapes and vanilla-lemon cupcakes. Bottom row: Cupcake tower at the shower. Bridesmaid E and me proudly posing with our creations.

N^2 cupcakes: vanilla cupcakes with fresh lemon zest, frosted with lemon zest buttercream, and garnished with a handmade vanilla candy monogram. The logo N^2 comes from the bride and groom as both their names start with "N." There's more details on my other blog that give greater detail on how N^2 originated.

Now the candy monograms were a true labor of love. As described in the caption above, I hand piped every N and 2 backwards. I think I piped out over 12 dozen N's and 2's. Luckily I was smart enough to space them out over the course of a week. I would make approximately 2 dozen a night. I loved the way they turned out. They look pretty darn professional if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment