Sunday, February 14, 2010

Cupcakes for Haiti

We recently had a bake sale at work to raise funds for Haiti Earthquake Relief. I whipped up a double batch of my signature Oreo™ cupcakes. Like the last bake sale, these suckers didn't last long. I actually had half a dozen already pre-sold!

I get a lot of questions about them. The most frequently asked question is "how did you do that?" Well, let me show you. First, remember what they look like? Go -->; HERE. Keep in mind those aren't the best pictures, but you get the idea.

 
 Mini Oreos

  
Stack 2 mini Oreos on top of each other and push into the middle of the batter.

This is what it looks like after baking.

 Carefully saw (yes, saw) regular Oreos in half with a serated knife.

 
Frost with whipped cream, garnish with half an Oreo, then eat!

4 dozen cupcakes packaged and ready to go. Of course I own a Cupcake Courier. Technically, I own two of them ☺.

No comments:

Post a Comment